Home Landscaping Ideas: DIY Patio Day Bed
Living in Arizona we are lucky enough to enjoy our share of sun filled days. Sunshine is vital to our health and wellness, and what better way to get a good dose of sunshine than to build your own DIY outdoor daybed.
From country cottage style to slim modern lines, you can build a daybed that suits your Arizona backyard. Here are some ideas you can use when planning your DIY outdoor daybed.
5 Ideas to Help You Create the Perfect DIY Outdoor Daybed
- Swinging Day Bed - If you have a spare mattress lying around you can create a swinging day bed. Build a bottom base, cover the mattress in some outdoor fabric and use chains to hang your swing in the perfect spot. If you have an old bed frame lying around, you can create a base quickly by cutting down the legs.
- Pallet Day Bed - Pallets can be a great way to make an affordable outdoor day bed. Purchase pallets or look around for companies that are disposing of them (Do not take pallets without permission). You can paint your pallets or go with the natural look. Place pallets against a wall, then create comfort by using a mattress, creating your own padding, or with large outdoor throw cushions.
- Wood Day Bed - Create a basic base using wood beams and plywood. Once you have a base built you can then work on top. Create your own mattress for the top using a large piece of foam. Create your own mattress cover using outdoor fabric or purchase one from an outdoor furniture store.
- Trampoline Tee Pee Day Bed - If you have a trampoline that is no longer used, you can turn it into a beautiful teepee style daybed. You will need to build a large frame to hang the teepee top from. You can create a teepee out of canvas then hang it from the frame. Use cushions and blankets to create a comfortable space.
- Refurbished Doors Day Bed - Old doors can create the perfect frame for a daybed. You will need three doors, two will remain uncut to create the base and back, and one door will be cut in half to create the daybeds arm. Use wood beams to add support. Once you have your frame together, you can use things around the house to create a comfortable and unique outside daybed.
With a few handyman skills and some tenacity, you can create a beautiful day bed out of just about anything. Use these ideas to create a place where you can sit back, relax and enjoy the sunshine in your beautiful Arizona backyard.
Evergreen Turf is your source for the highest quality sod in Arizona. Our friendly, knowledgeable people are committed to answering all of your questions to ensure a stress-free experience with your new Arizona sod lawn. Whether you wish to sod a small play area for the family or an entire golf course, Evergreen Turf can help you make it happen.
Our team serves customers throughout Arizona, including Phoenix, Mesa, Tempe and Tucson. Browse our website for information and tips on how to create and maintain a beautiful lawn, or give us a call and talk to one of our sod specialists at 480-456-1199 if you don't find what you are looking for. Better yet, stop by and meet the team at our convenient Chandler location.